Campaign of the Month: January 2015
Skies of Glass
- Level: Red/Black 3
- Components: V, S, M (A living or dead firefly or glowworm)
- Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
- Target: One corporeal undead/ level, no two of which are more than 30 ft. apart
- Duration: 1 round/level
- Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
- Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
You make a dark incantation and smash the firefly between your thumb and forefinger. The undead bursts into purple flames that do not burn.
The subject creatures deal an extra 2d6 points of arcane damage on melee attacks against living creatures. If an attacked creature has spell resistance, the resistance is checked the first time the undead subject attacks it. If your caster level check fails, the creature is unaffected by that casting of the undead torch.
If the undead creature is destroyed, the undead torch continues to burn at the location of its destruction until the duration ends, and living creatures that pass through that area take 2d6 points of arcane damage. If the undead creature assumes a nonphysical state (such as a vampire assuming gaseous form), the spell disperses harmlessly.