Campaign of the Month: January 2015
Skies of Glass
Phantom Jhovall Coach
- Conjuration (Creation)
- Level: Red/Green/Blue 5
- Components: V, S, F (Miniature harnesses for two jhovalls made of gold and waterstone, valued at 600 gp)
- Casting Time: 10 minutes
- Range: 0 ft
- Effect: One quasi-real coach and draft jhovalls
- Duration: 1 hour/level (D); see text
- Saving Throw: None
- Spell Resistance: No
You conjure a quasi-real heavy coach with two jhovall-like creatures in a team to pull it. (The exact description can be customized as you wish.) . You or a person you designate while casting the spell must drive the coach, which can carry up to six size medium passengers (including the driver) and up to 50 pounds of other materials per caster level. The team and coach make no sound and the team does not fight. The chariot and team are essentially a single entity with an AC of 20 (-2 size, +7 natural armor, +5 Dex) and 40 hit points +5 hit points per caster level. If the entity loses all its hit points, it disappears, possibly subjecting all aboard to a crash (treat as wrecked). A phantom jhovall coach has a speed of 20 feet per caster level, to a maximum of 300 feet. Otherwise, the coach has all the normal qualities of a coach
By reducing the remaining duration of the spell by two hours, the speed of the coach increases to 40 feet per caster level, to a maximum of 600 feet, for one hour.
The entity gains certain powers according to caster level, much like a mount does in the Phantom Steed spell.
- 12th Level: The coach can use Air Walk at will (as the spell, free action required to activate this ability) for up to 1 round at a time, after which it falls to the ground. The coach gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC.
- 14th Level: The coach can fly at its speed (average maneuverability). The coach gains a +4 deflection bonus to AC.
- 16th Level: The coach gains a +6 deflection bonus to AC.
- 18th Level: The coach and its driver gain the benefits of Displacement (as the spell, caster level 18th) during any round in which the driver takes the accelerate action. The coach gains a +8 deflection bonus to AC.