Campaign of the Month: January 2015
Skies of Glass
- Evocation [Sonic]
- Level: Red/White 8
- Components: V, S, DF/F (A lion’s tooth)
- Casting Time: 1 standard action
- Range: 120 ft.
- Area: 120-ft.-radius burst centered on you (see text)
- Duration: Instantaneous or 1 round/level (see text)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial or Will negates (harmless); see text
- Spell Resistance: Yes or Yes (harmless); see text
You open your mouth and emit a tremendous roar, a sound like a lion but as loud as a mountain falling.
The resulting roar from the casting of lion’s roar can be heard for nearly ten miles, but the spell affects only those in its area. All enemies within the spell’s area take 1d8 points of sonic damage per two caster levels (maximum 10d8) and are stunned for 1 round. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage and negates the stunning effect.
In addition, up to 1 ally per caster level within the spell’s area, starting with those closest to you, gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary inspired hit points equal to 1d8+caster level (to a maximum of 1d8+20 temporary hit points at caster level 20th). These temporary hit points go away when the spell ends.