Campaign of the Month: January 2015
Skies of Glass
- Level: Blue 2
- Components: V, S, F (A leather loop or golden wire bent into a cup shape)
- Casting Time: 1 standard action
- Range: Personal or close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
- Target: You or one willing creature or one object (total weight up to 100 lbs./level)
- Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
- Saving Throw: None
- Spell Resistance: No
Levitate allows you to move yourself, another creature, or an object up and down as you wish. A creature must be willing to be levitated, and an object must be unattended or possessed by a willing creature. You can mentally direct the recipient to move up or down as much as 20 feet each round; doing so is a move action. You cannot move the recipient horizontally, but the recipient could clamber along the face of a cliff, for example, or push against a ceiling to move laterally (generally at half its base land speed).
A levitating creature that attacks with a melee or ranged weapon finds itself increasingly unstable; the first attack has a -1 penalty on attack rolls, the second -2, and so on, to a maximum penalty of -5. A full round spent stabilizing allows the creature to begin again at -1.