Campaign of the Month: January 2015
Skies of Glass
Hornung's Surge Selector
- Abjuration [Wild]
- Level: Red 7
- Components: V, S, M (a loaded dice)
- Casting Time: 1 standard action
- Range: Personal.
- Duration: 10 minutes/level
By shielding oneself in a cape of wild magic, one can better control the surge when it goes wrong. If a wild surge occurs under duration and before all uses 1 wild surge per 4 caster levels (up to a maximum of 5 at 20th level). The caster can chose one of the three options below:
- The caster can reroll the roll that resulted in a wild surge, but if it still results in a wild surge, then you gain a extra number on your wild dice that will cause wild surges from now on, roll 1D20 to see which number you gain rerolling any number you have in advance.
- The caster can roll twice on basic table and chose which sub-table to continue on, if this wildsurge later requires rolls on the basic table again it is still two rolls and the caster chooses.
- Caster can chose to hold the magic within. No wild surge occurs and the spell casts as normal, but the caster suffers mana burn – receiving 1d8 points of damage per level of spell in raw magic damage and being unable to cast additional spells for the remainder of the round.