Campaign of the Month: January 2015
Skies of Glass
- Illusion (Glamer) [Wild]
- Level: Red 3
- Components: V, S, F (A broken whistle)
- Casting Time: 1 round
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels.)
- Targets: One creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart.
- Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
- Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
- Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
With this spell, the caster empowers the targets with the ability to speak a secret language incomprehensible to others. Once cast the targets can choose to speak normally or in their secret tongue. They can speak and understand this mysterious language fluently. Only creatures with an intelligence of 6 or above may benefit from this spell.
Fool’s speech is not recognizable as any known language, nor does it remotely sound like any language. No spell even spells like Comprehend Languages or Tongues can translate it. Some effects can still defeat Fool’s Speech, however. For instance, spells that detect thought or intent function as normal, as do effects that gauge the emotions of the speakers (whether mundane or mystical).