Campaign of the Month: January 2015
Skies of Glass
Channeled Sound Blast
- Evocation [Sonic]
- Level: Red 5
- Components: V, S
- Casting Time: See text
- Range: See text
- Area: See text
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude half
- Spell Resistance: Yes
You channel energy into the shimmering waves of sound, causing them to tremble and quake with power. When you have poured enough energy into the spell, you send a thunderous blast into your foes.
This spell creates a cone of sonic energy that blasts your enemies. The spell’s strength depends on the amount of time you spend channeling energy into it, up to a maximum of 2 rounds.
- If you cast channeled sound burst as a swift action, it deals 1d4 points of sonic damage per two levels in a 15-foot cone.
- If you cast the spell as a standard action, it deals 1d6 points of sonic damage per level in a 30-foot cone.
- If you cast channeled sound burst as a full-round action, it deals 1d8 points of sonic damage per level in a 30-foot cone.
- If you spend the maximum of 2 rounds casting this spell, it deals 1d10 points of sonic damage per level in a 60-foot-radius spread and permanently deafens all creatures in the area that fail Fortitude saves. The spell’s caster is immune to the spells effects if 2 full rounds were spent casting the spell.
Regardless of how long you spend casting this spell, it can’t deal more than 10 dice of damage (though it may still be increased by metamagics or other effects). When you begin casting this spell, you decide when you are finished casting it after the appropriate time has passed, or the maximum of two rounds has passed. You do not need to declare ahead of time how long you want to spend casting the spell. Metamagics or other effects that reduce the casting time of a spell do not affect Channeled Sound Blast.